Northern Europe is packed full of things to do, whether you’re an adrenaline junkie or a culture vulture. Here are some of our top recommendations:
• Tallinn Old Town – This preserved medieval city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dip in and out of cosy cafes, photograph the gothic spires and find hidden boutiques down cobbled streets.
• Norwegian Fjords – There’s nowhere quite like the Norwegian Fjords, with their crashing waterfalls and steep valleys. Explore the majesty of Geirangerfjord and Sognefjord on Northern Europe cruises.
• Winter Palace, St Petersburg – Once the home of Russian Emperors, today the grand Winter Palace houses the Hermitage Museum, the second largest art museum in the world.
• Nyhavn, Copenhagen – No visit to Denmark’s capital is complete without a stroll along Nyhavn, a colourful and picturesque waterfront dating back to the 17th century. Discover more on one of our city tour shore excursions.
• Gamla Stan, Stockholm – The island of Gamla Stan is Stockholm’s atmospheric old town. As well as quaint, traditional 18th century buildings, you’ll find the Royal Palace and Storkyrkan Cathedral.